CUSTOM 2X12 COMBO AMP
I hand built, and designed this amp with the goal of creating the most versatile guitar combo amp I could.
I used the Xits "X10," the Train*wreck "Rocket" and the Dr. Z "Z-Wreck" as the inspiration for the design.
- 30 to 36 watts from 4 Authentic Saratov 6n14n-EB (robust, soviet el84s, with a meaty girth under characteristic chime)
- 2x12 combo with a Hellatone 30 and a Celestion Alnico blue.
- American made Edcor Transformers and choke
- 3-stage bright switch
- 17in, tube-driven spring reverb, foot-switchable
- Boost, also on the footswitch
- "larmar" post phase inverter master volume circuit
- Vol, Treble, Bass tone stack, with a Mid-Scoop switch, and a Cut Control in the power stage.
- Cryogenic GZ34 Tube rectified
- Milspec teflon wiring throughout
- ALL Belton tube sockets -- each individually shock mounted for microphonic cancellation
- The absolute finest selection of: PRP, NOS carbon comp and Kiwame resistors, RELCAP Polystyrene Capacitors, Sprague Atom electrolytics, Sprague Premium bypass caps, and Sozo tone caps
- Hand-built and wood burnt pine cabinet that will fit nicely into an AC30 road case (not included)
- Speakers configured to operate in 8 ohm mode. 4 combination jacks enable lots of extension/alternative speaker arrangements. Outputs will drive 1 or 2 8ohm cabs, and 1 or 2 4ohm cabs
This thing sounds amazing!
ART DIRECTION / COMMUNICATION
4808 Florence Ave | Philadelphia, PA 19143 | nate at natejohnsondesign.com